Many young parents spend so much money every month just to buy the formula milk for their kids. But because of the lack of knowledge, the nutrients contained in the formula milk has been damaged before we can give to our baby.
This guide is to share with you that our children can be fully nutritious from every drop of the milk by the correct way we do in preparing the baby’s formula milk every day.
Hence, there are three easy ways to prepare the formula milk which we can divide into three parts, that is before preparation, while preparing and after preparation steps.
Before preparing milk
Follow these simple steps before we start;
- Wash hands thoroughly. Use soap & rinse your hands properly.
- Check the milk cans and see the expiration date. Never give milk that has expired to our baby.
- Avoid buying milk that has been tinned.
- If we keep the milk in the can, make sure the cleanliness of the cans which especially on the cover (from any dust).
- Make sure the container is tightly closed & airtight.
- Make sure that the water we use has been cooked to boil to remove harmful germs.
- Then cool the water to room temperature before we use it.
- Hot boiling water is not suitable for use because of its high temperatures that can damage nutrients in milk.
- Hot water will also react with milk bottles and may cause harmful chemicals to the baby.
- Measure and pour the desired amount of water into a baby’s milk bottle.
- Add milk based on the suggested measure on the back of the milk pack.
- Make sure the water and milk ratio used is accurate. Spoons used should be dry.
- Close the lid of the bottle tightly and shake the bottle until the milk is completely dissolved.
- Drop some milk dots into our wrists to tweak this milk temperature accordingly or not.
- If appropriate, you can give it to the baby.
After preparing milk.
- Throw away any leftover milk an hour after our baby drinks the milk as it can be exposed to food poison.
- We cannot restore unfinished milk into the refrigerator or reheat the milk for the next session.
- Once the formula milk packs are opened, we need to keep in an enclosed container that is airtight in a cool and dry place.
- Do not store unrefined milk in the refrigerator.
- Avoid storing this milk in hot spots as it can damage the milk.
- Preferably, finish the milk powder that has been opened within 1 month.
- Read the label on a powdered milk parcel for specific instructions.
In conclusion, proper feeding of formula is important so that our children can receive the nutrients they need. Adding too much water when preparing formula milk will dilute essential nutrients and can have a significant impact on child nutrition that can give serious long-term consequences. And that’s also how easy for kids to be fever or not healthy. Just because of the lack of nutrients.